Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's HOT COCOA SEASON!

A few years ago, I decided to try making my own hot cocoa mix at home, to help feed my hot cocoa addiction.  It tasted great, and it made a great, big batch that lasted me into the next year!  And I had fun doing it!  

Last year, I took it a step further and altered the recipe and made it my own.  I don't mean to brag, but I created one DELICIOUS hot cocoa mix! I added real milk chocolate shavings, made different flavors, and enlisted taste testers! I was so excited about my creation!  

I had plans to package it up in jars and give it out as gifts as Christmas . . . however, before that could happen, two major tragedies occurred in my family in the course of a week, just one month before Christmas, and my entire life halted . . . making gifts was the furthest thing from my mind.  

Instead, I used up about half of my supply throughout the course of the winter, using it as one of many sources of comfort foods I turned to during what was the darkest, most stressful time of my life.  

So, here it is a year later.  It's cold.  It's supposed to snow tomorrow.  And I still have some of my cocoa stash from last year.  

I just finished my first mug of the season, and it was DELICIOUS!  I'm looking forward to gathering up the ingredients, and making fresh batches of my scrumptious concoction with Nicole . . . one of last year's tragedies turned miracle.  

As anyone who knows me can tell you . . . I hate winter.  I hate snow season.  I hate sleet season.  I hate cold season.  

. . . but I sure love hot cocoa season! 

No comments: