Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Halfway there!

Believe it or not, once upon a time, I ate healthy, and worked out very regularly.  No! Really!  I did!  Up until almost exactly a year ago, actually, when my life was drastically changed, and the time for exercise disappeared, and the need for comfort food increased exponentially.  

So, I've gotten a little out of shape.  Just a little.  Not much.  At all.  I swear.  (Ok, I'm downright fat).  

I am DETERMINED to get back to where I was a year ago.  Back to working out 6 hours a week (ok, at least 3).  Back to eating a moderately healthy diet.  Back to feeling good about myself.  

I've tried on more than one occasion in the past year to get into my groove again, but thus far I've failed every time.  I decided a couple of weeks ago to try something I used to do when I was younger and I was feeling unhealthy . . . it always worked as a jumpstart for all of the other aspects of getting in shape.  I'm going on a soda fast.  I've gotten to the point where I'm drinking it WAY too much.  I've been running myself ragged, and everytime I need a little pick-me-up . . . head to the vending machine!  Must have caffiene! 

I had to put a stop to it.  

I'm now on day 15 of what I planned on being a 30 day soda fast.  And it's working.  I'm already eating better all around, without putting much thought into it.  I'm no longer craving sweets nearly as much as I did before.  I'm *really* wanting to get back into my regular workout routine . . . in fact, that's what I'm craving now.  

Halfway through, and I've only barely begun to do the other things . . . and I'm already feeling great.  I might just have to push myself a little further . . . two months, perhaps?  

Hopefully I will have updates on continued progress in the future! Summer is comin' (humor me, I hate winter, and I have to keep myself going somehow!), and I wanna look GOOOD! :P 

No comments: