Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Yay for mobility!

So, yesterday I ordered a new laptop!  For a few months now I have been researching laptops so I can make sure I get one that is solid and dependable, and will last me several years through college.  I've been googling laptop reviews, stalking forums, and grilling my techie friends for information and opinions.  

It didn't take me long to settle on the Lenovo T61.  However, shortly after I settled on it, they stopped making it! It's replacement, the T400 was more expensive than the T61 (gee, maybe that's why the T61 was so cheap . . . they were about to STOP MAKING IT!).  To my delight, the price of the T400 soon went down.  Way down.  Then I discovered the educational discount, making it even cheaper.  

Needless to say, I was in love. :) I've been anxious for a couple of months now, and yesterday, I was finally able to order it!  

I'd stalked the forums enough to know that the shipping process isn't exactly the best, and that I would probably have to wait a while.  My estimated ship date is October 20th . . . two full weeks after ordering it!  How am I supposed to wait that long!?  

So, in a few weeks, hopefully I will have pictures of my new bouncing baby toy. :P

No comments: