Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More political talk!

So, I'm kind of excited!  Debbie Halvorson, who I talked about in my last post, is going to be speaking at a local Teamsters Hall on Saturday morning, and I plan on being there.  I really look forward to getting to meet the person I've been canvassing for!  (And after meeting her, I'll be out canvassing! :P )

She *was* at my school a few weeks ago for the candidate's forum that was held there, but I had class immediately before and after (and, well, during, too, but I skipped that class! ), so if she did come early or stick around for a meet and greet, I wasn't able to be there for it.  

I'm looking forward to a weekend of lots of walking, possibly some phone calling, very little sleeping, and eating on the go (Ok, I'm pretty used to those last two).  I can't wait!  I'm so proud to feel like I'm really part of this election.  I don't know what it was that drew me so strongly to immerse myself so deeply into all of this, but I'm not regretting it one bit, no matter what the end result.  

Just 7 more days until election day!  Don't forget to vote ! 

No comments: