Monday, February 02, 2009

I'm doing it again . . .

I'm needlessly depriving myself of sleep.  Often on weekdays I lose out on sleep for the reasons that are fully expected of a college student: homework up the wazoo! 

On weekends, I catch up on sleep usually, but do it in a manner that messes up my sleep patterns for the rest of the week, regardless of the homework situation.  I'm a night person.  Always have been.  So the weekend comes, and I stay up late.  It doesn't matter how tired I am, I almost never go to bed at a decent hour.  The last few weekends I've ended up staying awake until nearly dawn.  Why?  I have no idea.  It just happens.  

Sunday night rolls around, and I should be getting to bed at a decent hour so I can get up early on Monday . . . but since I stayed up until 4:30am the night before and slept until noon or later, I CAN'T SLEEP!  

So I drag myself into school on 2 or 3 hours of sleep, feel horrible all day, and go home to a mountain of homework . . . that keeps me up until who knows when.  I usually (not always) get more than 2 hours of sleep unless I'm working on a term paper or some other big project, but because I didn't get to catch up after getting so little sleep the night before . . . I walk into school even more of a zombie on Tuesday.  

Often by the end of the week, I'm starting to get a little more evened out.  Then Friday comes around . . . and I stay up far too late . . . and sleep in far too late . . . and the process starts all over again.  

Going to bed at a decent hour should be simple, right?  For me, it's not, and I don't know why.  

*sigh*  

Tomorrow's gonna suck.  *yawn*

No comments: