Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Mama, what's vacation?

Ok, so I know I'm 26, and I've been out of high school for some time now . . . the prospect of 'summer vacation' should be a distant memory for me.  

However, since starting college last fall, and being crazy busy for 9 months straight, I found myself anticipating summer 'vacation' more and more all spring long, regardless of the fact that I'd be taking summer classes.  

I still somehow had it in my head that the summer would be more laid back.  

Boy was I wrong.  This summer has been busier than the school year was, by far.  I don't have time to rest.  Today is a good example.  I worked from 8-4:30 in the financial aid office today (the day before tuition is due), then immediately drove to Target where I worked 5-11.  

I'M TIRED!!!!  I have things I need to do tonight.  (it's already midnight) . . . I have a big day tomorrow . . . but I need sleep, and I have no time to do them!!! 

So now, I find myself more and more eagerly anticipating the start of the fall semester . . . my 18 credit hour semester.  It just sounds so . . . relaxing! 

Someone told me today that they think I'm nuts . . . I think I agree! 

No comments: