Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm up, I'm down, I'm up, I'm down....

...this will probably be a short post, but I felt bad that I hadn't posted in a while.

As per usual in the past couple of months, things have been very up and down for me since my last post. I went from near emotional break down on Thursday to a weekend full of friends and fun. :) ....and plans for what I am pretty sure would qualify as a 'date'. WOOT! I'm pretty excited about that.

I was pretty bummed that I couldn't vote on Super Tuesday...I thought I was registered at my current address, but I started to get a nagging doubt about it, so I called the County Clerks office the Friday beforehand and asked....nope, I registered a couple of months before I moved, at my old address. Hmph! And you can't register for, I think it's 28 days before the primaries, and two days after. So, yeah, I need to get my butt in and register now, so I can vote in November.

Speaking of politics...you MUST WATCH THIS VIDEO! It is the most moving, inspiring, and uplifting political ad I've ever seen. YES WE CAN!




(I hope that code works....for some reason, I don't get a full edit box on the computers at school)

My favorite quote from that video: "We've been warned against offering the people of this nation false hope. But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." --Barack Obama

No comments: