Saturday, June 20, 2009

Patrick Stewart on Domestic Violence

I've always really liked Patrick Stewart, ever since I was obsessed with Star Trek: The Next Generation when I was a kid.  It's recently begun playing again on a station I get in, and like I do with anything I become obsessed with, I started reading about the show and the actors on blogs and forums, to find other nerds like me.

Tonight, I started coming across bits and pieces about Patrick Stewart participating in an Amnesty International campaign about domestic violence.  

As most people who know me are aware, domestic violence is an issue that is very close to my heart, as I grew up with it all around me.  I was thrilled to find that one of my favorite actors spoke out against domestic violence.  



 

Here he is speaking about how domestic violence has affected his life. He seems to get a little emotional here, and it really tugs at my heart strings.

No comments: