Monday, May 19, 2008

Overload? I hope not!

Starting tomorrow (well, today if you want to get technical) I will be working THREE (3) jobs, as well as taking summer classes.  

Three jobs.  

And school.  

Oh, and driving two+ hours (each way) to see Nicole regularly.  

And at some point in there, I'd like to have a bit of a social life, as well.  I'm a glutton for punishment, aren't I?  I wonder sometimes if my strong desire to keep myself so incredibly busy stems from when I was a kid, and my parents wouldn't miss a chance to tell me I was fat and lazy and that I'd never amount to anything.  Perhaps, deep down, I'm still feeling the need to prove those sentiments wrong every chance I get.  

Whatever it is, I can't seem to enjoy my downtime unless it's at least almost as structured as my non-downtime.  I enjoy my trips because they are structured...my days are filled with fun things to do.  
I had a structured plan in place for this past week, as well, but unfortunately it all required gas money -- a luxury I don't have.  So, that fell through, and I spent the majority of my time right here with my butt planted firmly in front of this very computer.  I couldn't muster the motivation to get anything done that I needed to get done.  Curiously enough, I have little doubt I'd have gotten more done if I had been busier to begin with.  Doesn't make much sense, I know, but that's just how it is!

It also might seem odd to some that it is a relief to me to be starting back at school (albeit just one class, as opposed to five) and starting another job tomorrow.  I can't wait for the structure work and school provides.  I can't wait to fill my brain with more knowledge and to busy my idle hands.  

But that's ok if it seems odd to others.  I enjoy it.  It's just who I am.  

Also who I am: a girl who never goes to bed when she should!  1 A.M., the night before I start my new job and my new class, and am I sleeping?  No, I'm writing a blog entry about how I over-do things!

Night, folks!


No comments: